Car Maintenance To-Dos
As the owner of a vehicle in O’Fallon, IL, you’ve got to continually maintain it to keep it in good working order year-round. Otherwise, you’ll need to replace your car sooner than later. Unfortunately, that may be an expense that you can’t afford at the moment. Fortunately, you don’t need to worry about that much if you’re diligent about taking care of your automobile the best way you can as its owner. Here are some car maintenance tips anyone should know.
Car Maintenance 101
Essential car maintenance has its benefits. By learning how to check for specific issues, you can avoid costly auto shop repairs. Some areas to focus your attention on are listed below for you to refer to often.
Here are five monthly car maintenance to-dos to keep your car in go mode:
- Check the tire pressure. It’s among the most accessible car maintenance checklist items to do. Keeping a tire pressure gauge inside your glovebox allows you to check the pressure of all four tires at any time.
- Check oil level. Using the dipstick, measure how much oil you have in your vehicle currently. If it’s low, add more per your car manufacturer’s instructions.
- Have the other fluids topped off? Coolant, transmission fluid, and windshield wiper fluid are also needed. If you don’t know how to check the various fluid levels yourself, ask an expert to do it for you.
- Test the headlights. Turn on the front and backlights. You’ll also want to test the blinkers and brake lights at the same time.
- Make sure that the heater and AC work. With the car running, see if each option heats and cools the way you’d like them to while driving. Test the various vent position settings to make sure they all work well.
A fully functioning vehicle is an asset. It cuts down on the costs of expensive repairs. It also maintains the longevity of the car by making it drivable for longer. Having your automobile serviced by a trained professional regularly ensures that whatever issue you’re having with it gets resolved in record time. That way, you don’t need to worry about your car breaking down in the middle of rush hour traffic.
What Rowan Tire Can Do for You
Having an auto service such as Rowan Tire that you can bring your vehicle into on a routine basis is an asset. If you want to have us go through your monthly maintenance checklist to ensure that you didn’t miss anything, let us know. The number to reach us at is 618-207-3247. We can keep your car on the road for longer!